The core team of Youth4Jobs have over a decade of experience in market linked skilling of underprivileged youth. As part of the founding team of EGMM, the AP government Employment mission, they helped change ,for the first time in the country, the tone of the government skilling from trainings for trainings sake to market linked trainings for youth with placement. In six years, they helped make it one of the largest Jobs mission for the poor. The team scaled it with innovations like pro-poor products tailored to market needs - the countrys’ first grass-root English, work readiness and Computer (EWRC)Academies and Finishing School. A unique IT architecture linked to e-payment was put in place for transparency . With this rich experience behind them, Youth4Jobs was set up to do pioneering work once again, of training disabled youth and placing them in quality, organized sector jobs.
Core competence of the team
- Combined experience of over 20 years of working with the government, companies, community and multilateral funding agencies
- Ability to do ground breaking innovations
- Capacity to scale
- No gestation period – customized curriculum already developed
- Large network of companies
- Work experience in South Asia as the World Banks only expert in the field of youth and employment
- Recognized expertise in market linked trainings for the entire vulnerable spectrum - Rural, Tribal and PWD (Person with Disability)
- Meera Shenoy, Founder is recognised as a pioneer in market linked skill trainings for rural, tribal and disabled youth. She is one of the few in the country who work both on policy, strategy and implementation of large projects, with a focus on the vulnerable. Her most recent work was supporting the Advisor to the Prime Minister, Ramdorai, in his capacity as Chairman, NSDA. She was also Senior Advisor, UNDP, Youth Skilling where she focussed on integrating rural girls into the Aajeevika skilling scheme of NRLM. She has worked closely with MoRD, NSDC and Ministry of disability to develop skilling guidelines for youth with disability. She worked as the World Banks’ only specialist in youth and skilling in their poverty alleviation projects of Rajasthan, Orissa , Bihar and Chhattisgarh. She has written several learning notes on skilling youth for the World Bank, which was circulated globally. Meera Shenoy began her work in skilling as Executive Director of EGMM, the countrys’ first Jobs mission for rural and tribal youth, which she helped set up from scratch for the Andhra Pradesh government in 2004. Today it is recognised as the countrys best market linked state government skilling mission . She has won several awards, national and international, for the work.
- C.S Gopinath, a retired banker, worked with Andhra Bank for 24 years in various capacities including ecretary to the Board of the Bank, Also worked with HDFC Bank for 17 years and retired in 2012 as Regional Head of the bank managing the branches in Andhra and Chennai.
While working in HDFC Bank he was instrumental in setting up the bank's first rural BPO at Tirupati in co-ordination with the EGMM, Government of A.P and the present Y4J team that was a part of EGMM. This is a 750 seater BPO which handles various back office functions of the bank. All 750 youth employed are from poorest of poor rural background.
- Tapan Kumar Das, is a development management expert with demonstrated strong project management skills with more than 13 years of experience in diverse sectors e.g. Livelihoods, Energy, Environment and Employment for Rural, Tribal and Disabled youth in the organized sector through Public Private Partnerships. He has strong experience of working with the Government sector at the State & District levels on poverty alleviation programs. He is in charge of the operation of the Andhra Pradesh Centre for PWD Livelihoods.
- Gopal Garg, Team Leader, Youth4Jobs , worked in the areas of social entrepreneurship, employability training and training of trainers for diversified groups. Prior to this he worked as a State Mission Manager for EGMM where he was instrumental in launching short term market linked training programs for the most vulnerable unemployed rural/tribal youth. He is involved in various studies on competency mapping, youth unemployment and PWD (persons with disability) employment. His forte lies in content development, corporate management and training resource management.
- Anila Mathur is a professional with around 15 years of cross cultural experience in Banking, Human Resources, Administration & Co-ordination of district & state level activities in the development sector. She has vast experience in the Banking sector. She is a B.Com graduate from Osmania University and holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management
- Amala Akkineni is Honorary Director, Annapurna International School of Film and Media (AISFM). She is Chairperson of Blue Cross, Hyderabad, an organization which works for the welfare of animals and animal rights. She set up Blue Cross from scratch and nurtured it for the last 26 years. Married to the well-known actor, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Amala champions various social causes.
- C.S Gopinath, a retired banker, worked with Andhra Bank for 24 years in various capacities including secretary to the Board of the Bank, Also worked with HDFC Bank for 17 years and retired in 2012 as Regional Head of the bank managing the branches in Andhra and Chennai. He also set up the ADFC operations in Nellore and Tirupati.
- Deen alias S.Deenadayalan, is the founder of CEO (“Centre for Excellence in Organization”) based out of Bangalore and has offices in India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. He is also involved with varied NGO and Social entrepreneurship organization.
- DivakarGoswami is a management consultant with over 12 years of experience helping senior executives in the financial services, technology and telecom industries to make critical decisions on growth, innovation, and core business planning. He focuses on scaling digital and mobile payments solutions. He also led Deloitte’s eminence in the TMT industry from India.
- Louis Miranda is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Luis has been involved in setting up IDFC Private Equity in 2002 which has won many awards. He was a key member of the start-up team at HDFC Bank. He has also worked at HSBC, Citibank, KPMG and Price Waterhouse. Luis is a Director of the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) and was Co-Chairman of the Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA). He is also involved with a few not-for-profit education initiatives and advises a few start-ups and early stage
- Ravi Kolathur is a chartered accountant with 30 years’ work experience. He has worked with MNCs in India, US and the Indian School of Business in senior positions. He has also been an entrepreneur and independent consultant.
- Satyanarayana Vejella is Founder and CEO at Aarusha Homes Private Limited. He did his Masters from School of Planning, Ahmedabad. He worked with UN-HABITAT, and, USAID FIRE Project with experience of market based financing mechanisms for urban upgrading and policy frameworks.
- Suchitra Shenoy has over a decade experience in social sector. She was the founding member of the Monitor Inclusive Markets team at the Monitor Group, where they examined market-based business models solutions to issues of poverty. She has co-authored a book "Infinite Vision" on the Arvind Eye Care System.
- VenugopalRao,Promoter & Director, Y4J, has more than 14 years’ experience in leading the Finance & Accounting functions in diversified areas ‐ ranging from automobile dealerships, engineering software & consultancy, Mobile VAS to charitable institutions. He also brings with him significant experience in M&A deals and post‐merger integration activities. He is presently associated with Sudit K Parekh & Co., Chartered Accountants (‘SKP’), since in April 2011 as a Manager with the Business Advisory team. Prior to joining SKP, he was the Vice‐President Finance at IMI Mobile Pvt Ltd. and was also heading the finance team at IMI Software Limited (now part of Ramboll India). He continues to be associated with charitable institutions and with the NGO sector.