The core team of Youth4Jobs have over a decade of experience in market linked skilling of underprivileged youth. As part of the founding team of EGMM, the AP government Employment mission, they helped change ,for the first time in the country, the tone of the government skilling from trainings for trainings sake to market linked trainings for youth with placement. In six years, they helped make it one of the largest Jobs mission for the poor. The team scaled it with innovations like pro-poor products tailored to market needs - the countrys' first grass-root English, work readiness and Computer (EWRC)Academies and Finishing School. A unique IT architecture linked to e-payment was put in place for transparency . With this rich experience behind them, Youth4Jobs was set up to do pioneering work once again, of training disabled youth and placing them in quality, organized sector jobs.
Core competence of the team
- Combined experience of over 20 years of working with the government, companies, community and multilateral funding agencies
- Ability to do ground breaking innovations
- Capacity to scale
- No gestation period – customized curriculum already developed
- Large network of companies
- Work experience in South Asia as the World Banks only expert in the field of youth and employment
- Recognized expertise in market linked trainings for the entire vulnerable spectrum - Rural, Tribal and PWD (Person with Disability)
- Meera Shenoy, Founder is recognised as a pioneer in market linked skill trainings for rural, tribal and disabled youth. She is one of the few in the country who work both on policy, strategy and implementation of large projects, with a focus on the vulnerable. Her most recent work was supporting the Advisor to the Prime Minister, Ramdorai, in his capacity as Chairman, NSDA. She was also Senior Advisor, UNDP, Youth Skilling where she focussed on integrating rural girls into the Aajeevika skilling scheme of NRLM. She has worked closely with MoRD, NSDC and Ministry of disability to develop skilling guidelines for youth with disability. She worked as the World Banks' only specialist in youth and skilling in their poverty alleviation projects of Rajasthan, Orissa , Bihar and Chhattisgarh. She has written several learning notes on skilling youth for the World Bank, which was circulated globally. Meera Shenoy began her work in skilling as Executive Director of EGMM, the countrys' first Jobs mission for rural and tribal youth, which she helped set up from scratch for the Andhra Pradesh government in 2004. Today it is recognised as the countrys best market linked state government skilling mission . She has won several awards, national and international, for the work.
- Gopal Garg, Team Leader, Youth4Jobs , worked in the areas of social entrepreneurship, employability training and training of trainers for diversified groups. Prior to this he worked as a State Mission Manager for EGMM where he was instrumental in launching short term market linked training programs for the most vulnerable unemployed rural/tribal youth. He is involved in various studies on competency mapping, youth unemployment and PWD (persons with disability) employment. His forte lies in content development, corporate management and training resource management.
- Anila Mathur is a professional with around 15 years of cross cultural experience in Banking, Human Resources, Administration & Co-ordination of district & state level activities in the development sector. She has vast experience in the Banking sector. She is a B.Com graduate from Osmania University and holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management
Board of Directors
- Gopinath C. S., a retired banker, worked with Andhra Bank for 24 years in various capacities including secretary to the Board of the Bank, Also worked with HDFC Bank for 17 years and retired in 2012 as Regional Head of the bank managing the branches in Andhra and Chennai. He also set up the ADFC operations in Nellore and Tirupati.
- Ravi Kolathur is a chartered accountant with 30 years' work experience. He has worked with MNCs in India, US and the Indian School of Business in senior positions. He has also been an entrepreneur and independent consultant.
Ajay Gandhi Ajay Gandhi is a Chartered Accountant with 40 years experience. He was Chairman of the Hyderabad branch of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in 2000. He is a former Vice President of the Andhra Pradesh Tax Bar Association.
Ajay Gandhi is the Founder Trustee of Manthan Foundation, which runs Manthan, one of India’s premier forums for public discourse (www.manthanindia.com). He is also the Festival Director & Trustee of the Hyderabad Literary Trust which holds the Hyderabad Literary Festival (www.hydlitfest.org)
He authored a weekly column, Tax & You, in the Deccan Chronicle, the mainline newspaper of Hyderabad for several years, which was very popular with the readers
Board of Advisors
- Mr. Jayesh Ranjan (IAS 1992) Telangana, Principal Secretary of the Industries & Commerce (I&C) and Information Technology (IT)
He holds a Masters Degree in Psychology from Delhi University, a degree in Business Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, and a Masters in Public Management from Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. He has also done short courses in the University of Birmingham (on Environmental Policy Analysis), JICA training Institute, Tokyo (on lake remediation), London School of Economics (on Globalization and Leadership), Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University (in Public Policy), and Swedish Institute, Stockholm (on Sustainability and CSR).
He is the All-India topper of his IAS batch of 1992. He was awarded World Bank's Social Capital Visiting Scholarship in 2002 and the British Government's Gurukul Chevening Scholarship in 2005. He has done international consultancy assignments for the World Bank, UN-ESCAP, Sedatu project of Mexico, and for international NGOs working for Youth Issues like YES, Inc. of the USA and NMC from Italy. He is a part of the National Pool of Trainers in Leadership constituted by the Government of India, and is involved in training and mentoring newly recruited Civil Servants.
Presently Jayesh Ranjan is the Principal Secretary of the Industries & Commerce (I&C) and Information Technology (IT) Departments of the Telangana government. His assignment involves developing policy frameworks, attracting new investments, identifying opportunities of utilizing IT in various government processes, and promoting digital empowerment of the citizens. His last few assignments have been in the Industrial Promotion sector as Commissioner and MD of the Industries Department, Secretary in the Tourism Promotion Department, and Vice-Chairman of the Hyderabad Urban Development Authority (HUDA), all for 2-3 years each, and various rural assignments in different parts of the state for over 12 years, working in diverse sectors like Tribal Development, Natural Resources Management, Poverty Alleviation and other related Social Development Sectors.
Jayesh Ranjan supports many social, cultural and charitable causes, and is on the Boards/Advisory committees of United Way (Hyderabad), Save A Child's Heart (SACH) Foundation, Young Lives India, Save the Children, Sparsh Hospice, APMAS, ML Jaisimha Sports Foundation, Hyderabad 10K Foundation, Vijaya Foundation Trust, Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation, LSN Foundation, Tejas Foundation, Magic Bus Hyderabad, Hockey Hyderabad, World Wildlife Fund (Hyderabad chapter), Hyderabad Literary Festival and Spic-Macay.
- Rajsekhar Budithi
(IAS, 1992), Andhra Pradesh
IAS Special Chief Secretary to Government (FAC) (Marketing),
Chief, The State Command and Control Centre
Commissioner & Ex-Officio Secretary to Government, Department of Civil Supplies
Spl Chief Secretary (FAC) to Government, Department of Agriculture, Marketing and Co-operation
A Mechanical Engineer from Andhra University (Visakhapatnam), he has a Master's Degree in Public Administration from Harvard Kennedy School of Government (USA) and a PG Diploma in Management (Systems Management) from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad.
He has worked as CEO of SERP for Government of Andhra Pradesh, India. He has held various positions with the government of Andhra Pradesh, as Commissioner (Civil Supplies), Director of Irrigation, Director of Backward Classes, District Collector of Nellore and Anantapur districts, Project Director of Poverty Alleviation Project, Project Officer of Integrated Tribal Development Agency and State Project Director of Primary Education Programme. He was the team leader with UNICEF in Andhra Pradesh. He was Executive Assistant to Minister of State for Commerce and Power, Government of India. He has two and half decades of experience of working at policy design, programme management and operations of rural development and poverty alleviation programmes in India.
- Amala Akkineni is Honorary Director, Annapurna International School of Film and Media (AISFM). She is Chairperson of Blue Cross, Hyderabad, an organisation which works for the welfare of animals and animal rights. She set up Blue Cross from scratch and nurtured it for the last 26 years. Married to the well-known actor, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Amala champions various social causes.
- Luis Miranda is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Luis has been involved in setting up IDFC Private Equity in 2002 which has won many awards. He has also worked at HSBC, Citibank, KPMG and Price Waterhouse. Luis is a Director of the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) and was Co-Chairman of the Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA). He is also involved with a few not-for-profit education initiatives and advises a few start-ups and early stage
- Suchitra Shenoy has over a decade experience in social sector. She was the founding member of the Monitor Inclusive Markets team at the Monitor Group, where they examined market-based business models solutions to issues of poverty. She has co-authored a book "Infinite Vision" on the Arvind Eye Care System.
- Deenadayalan S. is the founder of CEO ("Centre for Excellence in Organization") based out of Bangalore and has offices in India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. He is also involved with varied NGO and Social entrepreneurship organizations