Worked with JEEVIKA, Government of Bihar for Migrant Resource Centre, capacity building of their Jobs unit, piloting unemployment free panchayat into a model
- Setup Migration Resource Centre at major destination places with NGO partners
- Selection of NGO partner for setting up Migration Resource Centre
- Seeding the markets by exploring new companies across various sectors in the cities of Delhi, NCR, Bangalore, Maharashtra ,Chennai, etc.,
- Capacity building and strengthening the Jobs Team - YPs, Jobs Managers, JRPs
- One Unemployment Free Panchayat
Conducted a study for Leonard Cheshire Disability in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India on country specific strategies used by the LRCs for the implementation of their Access to Livelihoods Project
- The purpose of the study was to consolidate the location/ country specific strategies used by the LRCs of Leonard Cheshire Disability for the implementation of the “Access to Livelihoods” project in 3 countries (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and India).
- The study reflects the current National policies and schemes of the respective Governments to enhance the economic opportunities for PWDs.
- Documented the learning and best practices from implementation of the projects across these three countries.
Designed and prepared the Strategy Paper on “Market Linked Skill Development Training Program for Unemployed Youth” for the Govt. of Odisha
- On the request of the Government of Odisha, Y4J team designed and prepared the strategy paper on "Market Linked Skill Development Training Program” for Unemployed Youth.
- An essential ingredient for success is ownership of the Skilling strategy by the highest levels of the government. Odisha has taken a lead in the country in this regard.
- The strategy paper was released by the Chief Secretary, Govt. of Odisha in the Skill Summit held on 11.05.2012 in Bhubaneswar.
World Bank projects in Bihar, Orissa, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
- Worked as a consultant in their poverty alleviation projects.
- The task involved being part of the World Bank Mission team and supporting the state projects in building the capacities of the staff and community in the underprivileged youth vocational training agenda.
- It also includes developing the entire strategy for the component, mapping the markets and sensitizing the corporate for job linkages and documenting the best practices for scale.
Assignment with Plan International to work with Youth Build, USA to execute the action research process named "Plan Asia Youth Employment Assessment". This was an action research process in five countries where Plan sponsored youth employment programs are in operation. This 'sample' group of countries includes India, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Indonesia and Vietnam. The following tasks were undertakens
- Desk research and comprehensive in-country scoping visits In-depth picture of country’s strategy, design, and implementation hallenges and outcomes focused on youth employment.
- Provide an overview of the youth employment landscape in the country, noting the current picture of employment, training, placement
and entrepreneurship activities
- Sort what appear to be the main barriers to full employment, as well
- Provide an overview of the history and current picture of public and private investment in youth livelihood activities.
Worked with Bhavisya Bharat in North Sikkim to understand the existing skill levels and aspiration (Professional & Economic) of local unemployed youths in view of skill development training programme for alternate employment opportunities in organised sector
- A survey was conducted in six villages affected by Hydro Electric Power Projects coming up on the River Teesta and one non project
- affected village for comparative study.
- Employment opportunities were mapped in rural Sikkim and local markets in major cities including Darjeeling because of growing
- tourism industry
- In the process developed an Employment Generation project